Friday 17 January 2014

Mini Scrapbook Album - Baby's First Year


I finally finished making my 1st scrapbook ever!!

It is a mini scrapbook album that I started when my sister in law gave birth to her baby girl, Candace.

Making the scrapbook pages was really difficult for me. I was stuck for at least 3 days on every page. Perhaps it was because I was trying too hard and thinking too much about what my SIL might want to put into the album. I was also discouraged halfway through because I was afraid that she might think the areas I've allocated for the pictures were too small. Moreover, I didn't have any acid free white coloured paper so I thought it would be a waste of my effort as the pictures would turn yellow after a while. So, I left the project laying on my table for about 3 months, then I kept it on my shelf for another 5 months. Finally, it was near Christmas time and I couldn't stand how messy my shelf was, so I decided to complete it an give it to my SIL for Christmas.

I bought the stamper's white card stock from Papertrey Ink. I'm not sure if they're acid free though. As for the pages, I used a variety of paper collections, from Echo Park to American Crafts. I'm not going to list them all down for this project as I can't even remember where the papers were from.

Well, when I continued the pages, I managed to do 1 page per night (after my twins have fallen asleep). I wasn't very happy with some page layouts, but I was determined to finish it so I stopped thinking and started doing. As I progressed, it got easier. When I was stuck, I went to Pinterest for inspiration.

So, enough said. Here's the album.


Here's a video showing the scrapbook pages (my first ever video).



Hope this inspires you to start your own mini scrapbook album.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment